Small Businesses, Financial, and Operating Resources
On Monday, December 21, 2020, Congress passed a $900 billion relief package in response to COVID-19 in connection with its annual spending bill. This bill addresses many items impacting businesses and taxpayers facing economic uncertainty.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Guide to Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Loans
- Tax Foundation COVID Relief Package FAQ: Click Here
Consolidated Appropriations Acts 2021, CARES Act, and Other Resources:
Unemployment Insurance: Click here.
Emergency Capital Investment Program: Click here to learn more.
IRS Stimulus Check:
The Internal Revenue Service and the Treasury Department will begin delivering a second round of Economic Impact Payments as part of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 to millions of Americans who received the first round of payments earlier this year.
Main Street Lending Program from the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank:
Click here for details on the program
Housing; Rental Assistance and Eviction Moratorium: Click Here
Education: Click Here.
IRS and Taxes:
A new year means it's time to starting thinking about tax season. If you are self-employed and/or a small business owner, see how COVID-19 may have an effect on how you file here.
Employee Retention Tax Credit: Click here for more information.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act Family Leave or Paid Sick Leave: Click here to view the FAQ.
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Coronavirus Relief Resources:
- Paycheck Protection Program: Click Here
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL): Click Here
- SBA Express Bridge Loans: Click Here
- SBA Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources. Click here
- Debt Relief: Click Here
- Grants for Shuttered Venues: Learn More.
- On September 25th, Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-244, moving all of Florida’s 67 counties into Phase 3. Click here for more information.
- Click Here for a complete list of COVID-19 executive orders as well as other resources from the Governor's office.
- State of Florida Resource Site: Click here.
- Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation (Florida DBPR): Click here for additional information
FLORIDA Re-Employment & Unemployment Assistance:
- Click here for more details.
- Short-Time Compensation Program (Reemployment Assistance): Employers can apply here.
Enterprise Florida Programs:
- Microfinance Guarantee Program: Click here to view borrower eligibility.
- State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI): Click here to view program information.
The Associated Industries of Florida (AIF) online database for Florida’s manufacturers: Click here for more information.
COVID-19 Manufacturers Marketplace: Click here for more information.
Florida Small Business Development Center small business loan guide: Click here to view.
Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services' “Keep Florida Growing” Florida Farm to You Commodities List: Click here to learn more.
The Black Business Loan Program: Click here.
Florida Business Loan Fund: Click here.
FPL Main Street Recovery Credit Program
In an effort to help rebuild our economy and move Florida forward, FPL has launched the FPL Main Street Recovery Credit Program to help boost small businesses.
Learn more and apply for a monthly bill credit here.
St. Lucie County Funding for Non-Profit & Faith Based Organizational Assistance Program: Learn More
The Economic Development Council of St. Lucie County (EDC of SLC) is an excellent source of information to help businesses navigate new financial assistance for employers and their employees.
- Click Here to subscribe to the daily email updates from EDC of SLC.
- COVID-19 Virtual Business Recovery Center (VBRC): Click here.
Port St. Lucie business owners can seek guidance and resources through the City of Port St. Lucie’s Business Navigator, Elijah Wooten, MBA. Visit the City of Port St. Lucie’s Financial & Business Resources during COVID-19 page here, or contact Elijah directly through email or by phone: 772-873-6374.
The Florida Chamber of Commerce is seeking feedback from businesses who have applied for any of the loan programs available through the COVID-19 pandemic. Please click here to take the brief survey . The information gleaned from the survey results will help guide future changes to lending programs and ensure businesses are getting the support they need.
Fort Pierce Utilities Authority Program
- COVID-19 Commercial Payment Program offers commercial customers the opportunity to finance a balance equal to their deposit amount with up to 6 months to pay at zero percent (0%) Please call customer service at 772-466-1600, ext. 3900.